News

New paper! in the American Naturalist

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

IGES 2022 talk! 8th September 2022, Paris, France

I presented a work "Trait selection strategy in multi-trait GWAS: Boosting SNPs discoverability" at the IGES (International Genetic Epidemiology Society).

I was under so much pressure because this talk was selected for an oral presentation AND nominated for a postdoc award (yay! but I didn't get it).

It was my first conference in genetics, and it was interesting in multiple aspects. Many new studies for me (though it was also hard to understand), trying to network with new people while feeling new to the field at this stage was a bit awkward too. But I think I did it fine lol. Also I had some self-reflection about what kinds of research I like and not like.. I think I don't enjoy methods for the sake of method development. I need some context, that's also not specific. It needs to be looking at some general questions, like fundamental and exciting... (I know it's difficult!)

I had many inputs and practices with the lab members. I really appreciate it!!